About Suzanne McFarlin
Suzanne McFarlin, PCC, BCC, is a professional certified and board certified coach, specializing in executive and leadership coaching. Suzanne studied coaching and became a certified coach with Dr. Martha Beck, best-selling author, speaker, coach, and columnist for O Magazine. She also earned the Board Certified Coach credential with the Center for Credentialing and Education and the International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach credential with the International Coach Academy. Through the American Society for Training and Development, Suzanne received professional certificates for training services and is trained in the StrengthsFinder and Four Lenses Assessments. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication from the University of Michigan. At the University of Arizona, she is a Professional Leadership Coach.
Suzanne has also served as a career coach and instructed MBA students in Management Communication at the Eller College of Management. She is a leadership coach at Raytheon Missile Systems and has been a leadership coach for the Flinn-Brown Leadership Academy, in addition to other private and public sector clients. She is the former executive director and leadership coach for Greater Tucson Leadership, a community leadership program.
Suzanne brings outstanding interpersonal, presentation, networking, and leadership skills to self-directed projects in industry, service, and academics. She is experienced in leadership, executive, life, and career coaching; organizational effectiveness; communication training; community development; and marketing planning and implementation marked by creative, detail-oriented solutions. She builds connections with innovation and impact to enable individuals and groups to prosper and grow.
A combination of life experience, education, and work history shaped Suzanne’s coaching and consulting practice. The ability and inability of people to handle change intrigues and challenges Suzanne to use her best skills to help a client shape his/her future. She is also fascinated with human potential and the spirit it takes to maximize it. She works with clients to see the best in themselves and stand tall in their capabilities. “Speak Up Step Up” is a personal motto that has shaped her life and career and is the basis for her leadership development methods. Her style reflects a balance between intuition and practicality, in the various approaches and techniques she uses to help people achieve their best.
Additionally, Suzanne has participated in the following roles:
- Graduate, Board Member, Executive Director, and President: Greater Tucson Leadership
- Co-founder: Desert Doula Childbirth Services
- National Trainer/Sustainer Chair/Local Board Vice President: National Charity League of Tucson
- Board Member: Angel Charity for Children, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Tucson, Arizona State University Tucson Advisory, Carondelet St. Mary’s Heart and Vascular Institute Advisory, The Fund for Civility Respect and Understanding
- Committee Chair: St. Michael’s Parish Day School
- Volunteer Facilitator: YWCA Women’s Leadership Class and Conference; Designer/Facilitator: “Take the Lead in Your Life” coaching program